Monday, September 19, 2016

Culture and Place

My culture is one of a kind and there are many things I love about it. My culture is often known as the Mexican culture and I don't blame people because I don't see much wrong with that. Although not all Mexicans share the same culture. There are many things we celebrate, that others do not. For example, my family throws a really big party whenever a young girl turns three years old, why? I am not sure why, but it is something that we do and there are times when it doesn't always happen. Also, another thing we celebrate are quinceaneras. I had my quinceanera last summer and it was a lot of fun. Quinceaneras are a big celebration for young women who turn fifteen. In my culture, as Christmas gets closer, we start having posadas. Posadas happen everyday about a week in a half before Christmas when it's dark out because we walk Virgen Mary and St. Joseph around and people are following with candles. When we get to a certain point, we sing and ask for people to let us in their house, just like Virgen Mary and Joseph did. After we do our prayer, we eat and play music. We also break pinatas, but on Christmas Eve we have the same celebration, only this time it's a lot bigger.  These are not the only things we do, there are a lot more but I will be doing on for days. Our food is definitely one of my favorite things about my culture. These are some of my favorites and I'm glad I was able to share.

I love my culture and all the other things we do. If there is anything at all that I could change, it would be that more people come together and celebrate with us. There are many many people that show up to our celebrations, but there are times that they do it only when it is convenient for them. If only people would show up and we could spread our culture more, any celebration would be a great time for everyone, more than they already are. It is nothing but fun and games at times. Especially when you look at those around you as close friends, you create great memories that remain with you for a lifetime. I have had friends come to some celebrations and they had so much fun. My family is very big so I see them at pretty much every celebration. I always have a great time when I am with them, I always seem to laugh to the point where my stomach hurts. I am thankful to have people in my life that bring happiness and positive vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment